The Types and the Number of Active Vessel Operating Common Carrier Agreements on File with the Federal Maritime Commission, 2000-2006
|Fiscal Year Ending||Conference||Discussion||Vessel sharing||Joint service||Cooperative||Total|
SOURCE: Federal Maritime Commission, Office of Agreements, special tabulation, May, 30, 2007.
- Conference agreement - an agreement between or among two or more vessel operating common carriers that provides for the fixing of, and adherence to, uniform tariff rates, charges, practices, and conditions of service.
- Discussion agreement - an agreement between or among two or more vessel operating common carriers for the discussion of matters of mutual interest, including in some instances, pricing and the conditions of service.
- Vessel sharing agreement - an agreement between any two or more vessel operating common carriers under which they agree to share, sell, or buy space on each other's vessels.
- Joint service agreement - an agreement between vessel operating common carriers operating as a joint venture.
- CWA - a cooperative working agreement in which exclusive, preferential, or cooperative working relationships are established.
- A current list and text of all active vessel operating common carrier agreements can be found at: http://www.fmc.gov.